It's been a (sort of) busy month! Exams have been ongoing for 3 weeks now. Oh and thanks Sapphira and Rui Zhi for updating your blogs; now I actually want to update mine about the interview too! HAHA
Needless to say, I was also nervous about the interview! Talked about it to so many people, asked around for advice (like my brother who was so nice(?) to assure me that he wasn't worried that I wouldn't do the right things, but worried that I'd do the wrong things!!), searched from the Internet about how to answer why I deserve the scholarship, although that really was a futile effort. It's mainly because what I found was exactly the stuff that I (eventually) figured I didn't want. Oh wells. haha
Thanks to everyone who had to listen to me blabber the night before the interview, lol. That's what great and best friends do! I know I'm not a great listener but I'll try my best to listen to you all next time when it's your turn to blabber! Haha
Being in HELP UC on that Saturday, it was comforting to see a few familiar faces(!) namely 1. Edward Soo (he was registering the SASA interviewees), 2. Adrienne Hwang (my primary school classmate!), 3. Aaron Choi(he was going off with his friend already).
Besides, many amicable SASA recipients came around to talk to us about the interview and whatever else that we wanted find out! We (Mei Ling, Rui Zhi, Sapphira, Kai Ru and I) talked to Angie, Michelle, and Joshua. They were all really good at talking, and why not! I guess it really helped that I was hyper that day, I even talked to and joked with strangers! Now now, that doesn't happen often does it.. : )
When it was time for *it* to start, all of my friends were called, except for me! I was frantic, and I kept asking if I missed my name! But no they didn't call me so I had to sit there all alone wondering how it would be for my poor friends who had to be the first few, while chatting with another girl from Assunta who was equally nervous......until I saw Rui Zhi! She came back pretty soon afterwards and told me that it was fine! It was a tremendous relieve to hear that.
Soon after, Sapphira came back too and told me how she got 3 interviewers, of which one was the self-admitted bad guy. The nerves naturally came back, but not as much! Like I said, I was hyper after all.
I was called to follow one of the ushers soon and there I saw Kai Ru! She finished hers and Mei Ling joined us after her interview was over. We talked and laughed so loudly outside while I waited for my turn.
Truth to be told, I really crapped my way through the first half of my interview.
The very first question: Why are you applying for Foundation in Science?
Stunned.
Basically I just told them that as I transitioned to form 5 my scope and interests in different courses did not become narrower but wider, and I know (actually I just found out that morning) Fd in Sc has less choices for me to move on compared to A-Levels but it's good because then I don't have to think so much and become indecisive when I have to make my mind on where to go. Now I think about it, it's pretty mindless to answer in that manner. Lol I kept wishing that they would forget that part.
Then he asked me what I wanted to do, in which I answered physiotherapy (but I said that because I had to say something and physio is one of my choices now).
Other questions include:
what was Stock Challenge,
what made me quit prefectorial,
what was my role as the HR director of YE last year,
why am I not that active in sports and do I play sports,
is my brother still studying,
if I obtain that scholarship, it would only be for 1.5 years for A-Levels, since HELP doesn't have courses for physio. I would need to move on to another institute then what will I do for finances,
I won't type what I said because I really told them a lot of stuff..haha..I'll update more soon.
Needless to say, I was also nervous about the interview! Talked about it to so many people, asked around for advice (like my brother who was so nice(?) to assure me that he wasn't worried that I wouldn't do the right things, but worried that I'd do the wrong things!!), searched from the Internet about how to answer why I deserve the scholarship, although that really was a futile effort. It's mainly because what I found was exactly the stuff that I (eventually) figured I didn't want. Oh wells. haha
Thanks to everyone who had to listen to me blabber the night before the interview, lol. That's what great and best friends do! I know I'm not a great listener but I'll try my best to listen to you all next time when it's your turn to blabber! Haha
Being in HELP UC on that Saturday, it was comforting to see a few familiar faces(!) namely 1. Edward Soo (he was registering the SASA interviewees), 2. Adrienne Hwang (my primary school classmate!), 3. Aaron Choi(he was going off with his friend already).
Besides, many amicable SASA recipients came around to talk to us about the interview and whatever else that we wanted find out! We (Mei Ling, Rui Zhi, Sapphira, Kai Ru and I) talked to Angie, Michelle, and Joshua. They were all really good at talking, and why not! I guess it really helped that I was hyper that day, I even talked to and joked with strangers! Now now, that doesn't happen often does it.. : )
When it was time for *it* to start, all of my friends were called, except for me! I was frantic, and I kept asking if I missed my name! But no they didn't call me so I had to sit there all alone wondering how it would be for my poor friends who had to be the first few, while chatting with another girl from Assunta who was equally nervous......until I saw Rui Zhi! She came back pretty soon afterwards and told me that it was fine! It was a tremendous relieve to hear that.
Soon after, Sapphira came back too and told me how she got 3 interviewers, of which one was the self-admitted bad guy. The nerves naturally came back, but not as much! Like I said, I was hyper after all.
I was called to follow one of the ushers soon and there I saw Kai Ru! She finished hers and Mei Ling joined us after her interview was over. We talked and laughed so loudly outside while I waited for my turn.
Truth to be told, I really crapped my way through the first half of my interview.
The very first question: Why are you applying for Foundation in Science?
Stunned.
Basically I just told them that as I transitioned to form 5 my scope and interests in different courses did not become narrower but wider, and I know (actually I just found out that morning) Fd in Sc has less choices for me to move on compared to A-Levels but it's good because then I don't have to think so much and become indecisive when I have to make my mind on where to go. Now I think about it, it's pretty mindless to answer in that manner. Lol I kept wishing that they would forget that part.
Then he asked me what I wanted to do, in which I answered physiotherapy (but I said that because I had to say something and physio is one of my choices now).
Other questions include:
what was Stock Challenge,
what made me quit prefectorial,
what was my role as the HR director of YE last year,
why am I not that active in sports and do I play sports,
is my brother still studying,
if I obtain that scholarship, it would only be for 1.5 years for A-Levels, since HELP doesn't have courses for physio. I would need to move on to another institute then what will I do for finances,
I won't type what I said because I really told them a lot of stuff..haha..I'll update more soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment