Inside Out '07 - Day 2
:D Well, we started off with an ice breaker [ we had to form 2 circles again and the outer circle will go round and round, stop when the music stops and introduce ourselved to the person in the inner circle and snap the raffia string to signify the breaking of barrier! ] Then we had praise and worship, and then Ps Mal spoke for our session.
He talked about Excellence, or rather, having the spirit of excellence. That, an excellent work does not produce an excellent spirit [ like the older brother in the story of the prodigal son ], but out of an excellent spirit [ which is the heart ] comes excellent work. We have to make a choice to take time for preparation and practice. Most importantly, to be excellent unto the Lord. Success means being the best, excellence means doing your best.
After that, we grouped in our groups again to discuss about the sermon. We had a good discussion and almost everyone shared, like how we can do small things in a great way, and how do we do something that we don't like with excellence.
After that was lunch [ chicken curry rice ] , then workshops. In Building Blocks of Godly Leaders, I learned that as a leader, I need/want to see things from a different perspective and angle and to do something it is important to obey God even though it is out of our normal scope.
Ps Mal ended with Expression. In short, the sermons are I SEE. [ Identity, Surrender, Excellence, Expression ] . In Expression - we are like Christ's ambassadors; as though God were making His appeal through us. Be conscious that we are God's ambactus. Therefore we need to have the attitude of Jesus.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Inside Out Concert Night
Ahhhh! *nervous* The dance was starting soon and Edward was asking the first trivia question...and so the female dancers prepare in the room...and they introduced us as the Inside Out Dance team..! Wait, we are called the Inside Out Dance Team? Oh, nevermind, the song is starting! Come on make a joyful noise in this house!!!!!!
:D Well, we started off with an ice breaker [ we had to form 2 circles again and the outer circle will go round and round, stop when the music stops and introduce ourselved to the person in the inner circle and snap the raffia string to signify the breaking of barrier! ] Then we had praise and worship, and then Ps Mal spoke for our session.
He talked about Excellence, or rather, having the spirit of excellence. That, an excellent work does not produce an excellent spirit [ like the older brother in the story of the prodigal son ], but out of an excellent spirit [ which is the heart ] comes excellent work. We have to make a choice to take time for preparation and practice. Most importantly, to be excellent unto the Lord. Success means being the best, excellence means doing your best.
After that, we grouped in our groups again to discuss about the sermon. We had a good discussion and almost everyone shared, like how we can do small things in a great way, and how do we do something that we don't like with excellence.
After that was lunch [ chicken curry rice ] , then workshops. In Building Blocks of Godly Leaders, I learned that as a leader, I need/want to see things from a different perspective and angle and to do something it is important to obey God even though it is out of our normal scope.
Ps Mal ended with Expression. In short, the sermons are I SEE. [ Identity, Surrender, Excellence, Expression ] . In Expression - we are like Christ's ambassadors; as though God were making His appeal through us. Be conscious that we are God's ambactus. Therefore we need to have the attitude of Jesus.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Inside Out Concert Night
Ahhhh! *nervous* The dance was starting soon and Edward was asking the first trivia question...and so the female dancers prepare in the room...and they introduced us as the Inside Out Dance team..! Wait, we are called the Inside Out Dance Team? Oh, nevermind, the song is starting! Come on make a joyful noise in this house!!!!!!
When you come into His presence
Lifting up the name of Jesus
And you hear the music playin'
And you see the people praisin'
Just forget about your worries
Let your troubles fall behind you
Don't you wait another minute
Just get up and on your feet and
Chorus:
Get to dancing
Singing jumping leaping
Get to shouting
Make it loud and make it glorious
Start rejoicing praising lifting raising
Get to shouting
Make it loud and make His praise
Glorious glorious
I was created
To make Your praise glorious
I was created
To make Your praise glorious glorious
Yes I was yes I was
Lifting up the name of Jesus
And you hear the music playin'
And you see the people praisin'
Just forget about your worries
Let your troubles fall behind you
Don't you wait another minute
Just get up and on your feet and
Chorus:
Get to dancing
Singing jumping leaping
Get to shouting
Make it loud and make it glorious
Start rejoicing praising lifting raising
Get to shouting
Make it loud and make His praise
Glorious glorious
I was created
To make Your praise glorious
I was created
To make Your praise glorious glorious
Yes I was yes I was
Personally, the song sounds much faster now than it was before. Hmmm and truthfully, we all were absolutely nervous when it was about to begin, and in reality, it's great to see all of us doing it together, for the Lord!!! It's a lot a lot a lot of fun anyway :D.
Worship started after Edward finished the trivia questions after that. It was great and I'm glad that this way we're glorifying God. I believe that God was moving in each of us in a way or another and whatever it is, I know that we're changed people.
Worship started after Edward finished the trivia questions after that. It was great and I'm glad that this way we're glorifying God. I believe that God was moving in each of us in a way or another and whatever it is, I know that we're changed people.
0 comments:
Post a Comment